Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Diapering Story

Whenever I tell my cloth diapering story people are amazed by it, so I would like to share it with everyone.
Back when my daughters were born there was no disposable diaper trend in my town. To tell you the truth I didn’t even know there was such a thing. When I got close to my due date, my mother went to the her favorite fabric store, bought enough cotton flannel fabric and gauze to make about 40 single-ply square diapers and about the same amount of doublers. It took her a few days to sew the diapers but when she was done and handed it over to me joy and happiness were radiating from her eyes. I felt her love in every single diaper. I was so grateful to have such a wonderful mother; I didn’t know how to thank her, I give her a big hug and
kissed on her both cheeks.

Mom with BabyTo prepare the diapers for use I washed them a couple of times and at the end I dried them in the sun and ironed them with great pleasure. So when my little daughter arrived I was fully prepared. In the beginning 40 diapers went quickly, I had to wash and iron every other day. Yes, I ironed them because after drying them in the sun I wanted to make sure they were disinfected enough. Sometimes it happened that I ran out of freshly laundered and ironed diapers so I was happy that they dried just in time but I had no time to iron them and I felt guilty using non-ironed and non-disinfected diapers on my little baby. Shortcuts weren’t my thing.


When my younger daughter was born my 1st born was 2 years old and still in diapers, so my mom did the same thing; bought more fabric and made a few more diapers. But not too many because my 1st born was using fewer diapers and by the time she turned 2 and a half she was fully potty trained. I used the same system with my 2nd born, drying them in the sun and ironing them. This was a normal routine and I didn’t mind doing it, even though I had a fulltime job, because I knew I was doing the right thing for my babies. It just came with the responsibility of being a mother. I really loved that time and whenever I look back my heart is filled with joy.
This was my diapering story, what is yours? I would love to hear your story if you would be willing to share it with us. I want all of my customers to have the same joyful diapering experience as I had when it was my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment